The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster
We created Viets for Afghans from a simple text chain among friends. and goal to help to find 75 Vietnamese families to temporarily house or host 75 Afghan refugee families. We relate to the trauma Afghans are facing today because we are either refugees ourselves or directly tied to the first-generation refugee experience.
Afghan Refugee Relief is a community organization created under the guidance of Nazi Etemadi. She and a small but dedicated team of women have been resettling Afghans in the U.S. for years. With the recent humanitarian crisis in Afghanistan, this organization was formed to streamline efforts and support the hard work of our community elders.
We are part of a proud coalition of community organizations, local nonprofits, resettlement agencies, religious institutions and passionate volunteers focused on helping refugees, asylum-seekers and humanitarian parolees resettle in Southern California.
What We Do
The Cañada Crescenta Democratic Club is a congenial environment where members may discuss issues of mutual concern.
- We promote candidates, policies, and the ideals of the Democratic Party.
- We support the Los Angeles County Democratic Party.
- We provide an opportunity for citizens to participate in a substantive way in the conduct of public affairs.
- We study and take positions on public policy issues.
- We track the progress of legislation and administrative actions affecting issues on which the Club has taken a position.
- We engage in actions to persuade policymakers to support the Club’s positions.
- We observe the actions of elected officials representing jurisdictions within which members of the Club live.
- We promote and facilitate voter registration.
- We educate, we support, we engage, and we have fun!