Stop the Republican Recall of Governor Newsom!
Governor Newsom at CADem Convention
“Just a year ago, a once-in-a-century pandemic arrived on our shores. As Donald Trump did his very best to ignore the realities of COVID-19, we in California took a different path – one paved by leadership, health and science.
Californians’ hard work and sacrifice saved countless lives, and now all that effort is paying off. California has distributed over 29 million vaccines – more than all but 5 countries. We are vaccinating communities that other states are leaving behind – communities of color, low-income families, and those most at risk. We are on our way to defeating this virus.
California isn’t crawling back. We are roaring back. But when this pandemic ends, we’re not going back to normal. Normal was never good enough. We are leveraging this once in a lifetime moment to ensure every Californian – regardless of their race or zip code – can live a healthy and prosperous life.
During this crisis, California has invested more than ever before in assistance programs that lift families from poverty to prosperity. We expanded access to healthcare like never before. We created the largest small business grant program in the country. We housed more unhoused residents than at any time in our history. And, now with the help of the Biden-Harris Administration, California is poised to put our fight against inequality and climate change into overdrive.
But national Republicans and extreme right wingers aren’t sitting back. They are throwing everything they can at their recall power grab – all in hopes of rolling back the important progress we have made. We can’t let them win.”
What can you do?
- Inform your community.
- Be a voice of common sense.
- Become a resource for people who don’t follow the news closely.
- Support the Governor & the Democratic Party.
Click the links below to get started with messaging.
What We Do
The Cañada Crescenta Democratic Club is a congenial environment where members may discuss issues of mutual concern.
- We promote candidates, policies, and the ideals of the Democratic Party.
- We support the Los Angeles County Democratic Party.
- We provide an opportunity for citizens to participate in a substantive way in the conduct of public affairs.
- We study and take positions on public policy issues.
- We track the progress of legislation and administrative actions affecting issues on which the Club has taken a position.
- We engage in actions to persuade policymakers to support the Club’s positions.
- We observe the actions of elected officials representing jurisdictions within which members of the Club live.
- We promote and facilitate voter registration.
- We educate, we support, we engage, and we have fun!