- This event has passed.
May General Meeting
May 19 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Please join us at our Club Meeting
Sunday, May 19 3 PM-5 PM
The Center for Spiritual Living
4845 Dunsmore Ave. La Crescenta
“Let’s Talk: Medicare for All”
Guest Speaker: Dr. Bill Honigman
Dr. Bill is an Emergency Room Physician recently retired after practicing for over 35 years in Orange County.
He is a long time Democratic Party activist, including as a delegate to two previous Democratic National Conventions, current County Central Committee member and a California Democratic Party delegate, and was recently elected to be the Southern California Vice Chair of the Senior Caucus of the CDP.
Dr. Bill is currently an organizer for the grassroots group Progressive Democrats of America, acting as California State Coordinator and Orange County Chapter Leader, and is a Coordinator for PDA’s national Healthcare Human Rights Issue Organizing Team,
Dr. Bill is a champion of Healthcare as a Human Right and is an advocate for a Single Payer enhanced and improved Medicare for All system.
- We will vote on whether to make a motion to endorse Medicare for All.
- We will vote on representatives to the Pre-Endorsement Conference, Oct. 5 or 6, at a convenient So. Calif. location. We are allotted four reps for AD 43 based on our validated membership roll. We may have enough members for a rep to AD 39. We can take more names at the meeting.
- We’ll also take a straw poll, “If the Democratic primary election were held today, who would you vote for for President?” (Think of your 3 top choices.)
- Get ready for Fiesta Days Parade, Monday, May 27
- Join our Summer Party, Sunday June 23, 4-7 PM at Nalini’s
- Come on down to the July 4th Parade in Sunland-Tujunga